The Department of Electronics and Communication was established during the year 2010 with the aim of providing the students developed technologies in the field of Electronics and Communication as the global scene is exposed to new vistas of emerging technologies, especially in VLSI, Microprocessors and controllers, Embedded systems, Digital Signal Processing, Communication Systems etc. The 21st century is a century of knowledge and Technological shifts. The paradigm shift in technology is the growing need of learners in the 21st century. Hence the management of Malabar Institute of Technology has rightly decided to expose the rapid advances in Electronics & Communication, the society today is made to acquaint.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, since its inception, has steadily progressed with several achievements to its credit. With its dedicated faculty & sophisticated facilities, it has established quality standards in imparting technical education to the budding Engineers
Along with its lively support to the students, the department also encourages the staff members in pursuing their higher education. Faculty members are being sponsored for attending various seminars, induction programs & workshops held at other institutions.
The Department is capable of offering subjects like Embedded System Design, Analog and Mixed Mode VLSI, Image Processing, etc. along with other core subjects.
List of Teaching Faculty
✔ To impart professional education with social and moral ethics
✔ To provide relevant Technical and Professional education that prepares students to lead their lives with Personal Integrity, Professional Ethics, and Civic Responsibility in a Global Society
✔ To develop into a top class National Institution
- Telecommunications Engineer
- System Design Engineer
- Radar Engineer
- Electronic Control System Engineer
- Quality & testing Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Various PSU's ( BHEL, BSNL, NTPC, SAIL, GAIL,ONGC, IOCL, Power Grid Corporation etc.,) through GATE
- Indian Railways through IES and RRB( Railway Recruitment board) Exam
- Defense Services
- UPSC Civil's Services
- ISRO , DRDO, and BARC ( Research Organizations)
- Investigate Organizations like CBI, IB etc.,
- Staff Selection Commission
- Software &Hardware Industries
1. ELECTRONICS CIRCUYITS LAB
2. DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND MICROPROCESSOR LAB
3. COMMUNIVATION AND LIC LAB
4. SIMULATION LAB
5. ELECTRONICS WORKSHOP
- 1. The Project idea titled” Automatic Rain Roofing System” Presented at the MalayalaManorama- Uva Mastermind Competition held at Kottayam on 2nd Oct 2017, by a group of 5 students(2015 Batch), was selected one among the 25 project ideas out of 2500 ideas all over Kerala.
- 2. Mr. Abhimanyu K K(2014 Batch) received first prize in INFOMANTRA-EC Paper presentation, in connection with the 16th Annual State Student Convention,Sangrah’18, held at Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur on 16th Feb 2018.